MPI Autopac Claims

I’ve been in an accident. Now what?

Our Kelleher Collision Centre is an MPI-Certified repair centre. If you’ve been in an accident or have damage covered by Manitoba Public Insurance, there are a few things you need to do before booking a collision repair appointment. Consider these steps after an accident:

Address Immediate Concerns

Take care of yourself and others and check for injuries. If anyone is hurt and requires immediate assistance, call 911.

Exchange Information

Share necessary information with all other parties involved at the accident site. Find a witness and gather their contact information, if you can, as they could assist in assessing fault in the accident. Download this accident report form and keep it in your vehicle in case you are in an accident.

File a Report

Report the accident within 24 hours to Manitoba Public Insurance, even if there is no damage at 204-985-7000. Record your claim number from MPI.

Book Your Repair Estimate

With the new Direct Repair Process available through Manitoba Public Insurance, you can now book your repair estimate appointment directly with Kelleher Collision Centre, when you receive an eligible claim number from MPI. You are no longer required to visit an MPI Service Centre in person if your claim is eligible for Direct Repair. Simply book online or call us at 1-888-714-9681 to book your estimate directly.

Do I need to file a police report?

MPI can help you in determining if you should report your accident to police when you call to make a claim. There’s often no need to make a police report for a straightforward fender-bender. However, if your accident involves any of these things, you must report to the police:

  • fatality
  • hospitalization because of injury
  • an unlicensed driver or unregistered vehicle
  • an unidentified vehicle (e.g. hit and run)
  • you failed to get the other driver’s particulars
  • you suspect the other driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs

Vehicle damage resulting from suspected vandalism, attempted theft and theft must also be reported to the police. You must report vandalism, theft or attempted theft as soon as reasonably possible. The police and Manitoba Public Insurance have entirely different responsibilities. The police are primarily interested in whether both drivers obeyed criminal and traffic laws. MPI needs the information to assess who was at fault and to confirm both drivers met the conditions of their insurance policy. You must report accidents within seven days.

What steps are taken to repair my vehicle at Kelleher Collision Centre

Knowing what you can expect in the repair process of your vehicle can ease stress in the already stressful event of an accident. While our Collision Consultants take care in keeping you updated on the progress of your repair, our process is no secret so we have outlined some of the key steps here.


“I had some body work done on my truck in the winter of 2018 and found Rick (the body shop manager) to be excellent to deal with. Very helpful. Integrity and honesty are just a few qualities I wish to mention. Thank you Rick for an excellent experience in your shop. I will not hesitate to come in for work in the future!” – Susan C


“We had our new Ford 150 in for body work on chips and scratches!! The service done to make the truck right was excellent! The service people were very helpful and all the work done on the truck was very good!
We are getting to know the service ourselves and at this point we would recommend the service department to other’s!”  – Ken S


“The best service I’ve received from any car dealership. Friendly people who weren’t pushy. They fixed the truck in no time at all at a very good price . Our trip to Edmonton would have been much longer without your help. Many , many thanks !!!!” – Daniel C